Lincoln Heights Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Erica Hubbard: Glad to Be Grown on 'Let's Stay Together'

3 posters

Go down

Erica Hubbard: Glad to Be Grown on 'Let's Stay Together' Empty Erica Hubbard: Glad to Be Grown on 'Let's Stay Together'

Post by batman642 Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:35 pm

Actress Erica Hubbard is elated! Not only is her new sitcom 'Let's Stay Together' a ratings success on BET, but she finally gets to play an adult!

"Aw, you don't understand how good it feels to finally play an adult," Hubbard beamed to BlackVoices.com. "I am an adult, and I was playing a teenager on 'Lincoln Heights' for four years. I'm so happy that I don't have to play a role where I tell my mom or my dad what I'm not going to do in the house and them putting me on punishment."

The 27-year-old actress currently plays Kita on 'Let's Stay Together,' the Queen Latifah-produced sitcom that became BET's second highest rated show with a debut of 4.4 million viewers.

"BET is finally doing something they haven't done before. This is history in the making! It feels phenomenal to be a part of history in the making," said Hubbard.

The actress said this show is needed during these tough times in our country because it offers viewers an alternative to the serious realities they face daily.

"I am really happy that I am on a project that people can tune in and they can laugh," she explained. "They can smile watching us perform and being these characters. In this economy, when you hear all of these stories of all of the disparity, you want to turn on and have some kind of laughter in your life. I do believe that laughter is like medicine for the soul."

On its premiere episode, Hubbard's character, Kita, ambitiously flexed her questionable singing ability. The hilarious routine became an Internet hit.

"I ended up looking on Myxer.com and seeing that 'Dead Baby Deer Dirty South Remix' was the number one ringtone for a day. People were tweeting me and telling me that they downloaded it onto their phone. I couldn't believe it," she laughed.

The Chicago-bred talent is also excited that actress Jackee Harry is playing her mom on the sitcom. Hubbard's favorite sitcom was '227,' and she would love to see the show do a reunion

"I like '227.' I think everyone on there was hilarious! Regina King is on 'Southland' now but it would be great to see her go back to comedy," she shared.

In addition to working with Harry on 'Let's Stay Together,' Hubbard is headed to North Carolina to shoot a made-for-television movie called 'The Ideal Husband,' alongside Harry, Darrin Henson, R&B singer Ginuwine and Clifton Powell.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
batman642
batman642

Back to top Go down

Erica Hubbard: Glad to Be Grown on 'Let's Stay Together' Empty Re: Erica Hubbard: Glad to Be Grown on 'Let's Stay Together'

Post by Candygwen Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:44 pm

i understand how she feels, but isn't that what ACTING is all about? being what u really r NOT? so i would think playing a 17 y.o. would be a challenge for a 32 y.o. woman. not to mention that not ANY and EVERY 32 y.o. actress could pull it off. erica was gifted to be able to do that so convincingly. if i hadn't been told how old she was i NEVER woulda believed she was a grown woman--just looking at her in the role of cassie. that's what i call ACTING and she should be proud of her work on LH. but it sounds from this article that she didn't like doing it and that makes me kinda sad..... thanks for sharing the article batman642
Candygwen
Candygwen

Back to top Go down

Erica Hubbard: Glad to Be Grown on 'Let's Stay Together' Empty Re: Erica Hubbard: Glad to Be Grown on 'Let's Stay Together'

Post by batman642 Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:39 am

No problem Candygwen Smile! I think Erica is happy & proud that she has done LH and she loves playing Cassie. She mentioned in other interviews and on twitter. And she's loves the cast and she is very grateful for the opportunity but keep in mind Erica is a versatile actress and she said it herself she likes playing different roles. Plus she's been playing a teenager for awhile now and as much as we all loves Lincoln Heights and I love her character Cassie, she need to play other roles beside a teenager otherwise Erica would've been typecast. I think Erica is proud of doing Lincoln Heights however I don't she wants to keep playing a teenager her whole career. Like I say before she likes playing different roles. Plus these magazine articles often try it more than it already is. Whoever wrote the article even got her age wrong. So I wouldn't get too hung over about it. Smile
batman642
batman642

Back to top Go down

Post by Candygwen Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:29 am

gotcha.
Candygwen
Candygwen

Back to top Go down

Post by LincolnHeightsDiva Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:28 pm

wow. interesting interveiew.. yeah. sounds like maybe she just wanted a break and wanted to play an adult role.. but she was soooo awesome as cassie
LincolnHeightsDiva
LincolnHeightsDiva

http://magicallydivalicious.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down