Lincoln Heights Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cherry’s Celebrity Beauty Files: Erica Hubbard, Star Of BET’s Let’s Stay Together

3 posters

Go down

Cherry’s Celebrity Beauty Files: Erica Hubbard, Star Of BET’s Let’s Stay Together Empty Cherry’s Celebrity Beauty Files: Erica Hubbard, Star Of BET’s Let’s Stay Together

Post by batman642 Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:47 am

Cherry’s Celebrity Beauty Files: Erica Hubbard, Star Of BET’s Let’s Stay Together

She plays Kita Whitmore on BET’s first original scripted comedy, Let’s Stay Together. If you were one of the estimated 4.4 million viewers who watched the show each week during its premiere season, you may have wondered where you’ve seen the Cherrylicious Erica Hubbard before. Let me give you her background. Erica made her television debut hosting a show called Up ‘N Running, a tween/teen show that focused on educating youth on a variety of different topics. The show aired on WPWR, a UPN affiliate in Chicago. Her modeling appearances include various magazines, and she landed the coveted role of the “Noxzema girl” for the company’s 2006 campaign. She has also appeared in various movies such as Simon Says, Akeelah and the Bee, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, and Save the Last Dance, and portrayed one of the lead characters in the television series, Lincoln Heights.

Erica and her Let’s Stay Together castmates
Not only is Erica a stunning beauty, she’s also a joy to work with. I had the opportunity to do her makeup for BET’s Black Girls Rock! Awards Show, which aired back in November of 2010. Unsurprisingly, Erica is a very busy woman. Luckily, I had the chance to catch up with her while she was taping in Atlanta, Georgia for the second season of Let’s Stay Together, which airs this fall on BET. This is CherryOnTop’s first ever Celebrity Beauty File with an exclusive interview with Erica Hubbard on her beauty, confidence and must have products for the season:

What is the Erica Hubbard makeup look?

EH: My make-up look is foundation by Clinique that is matte sheer, black eyeliner, blush by Estée Lauder and I use different MAC lipsticks as well as Chanel lip-gloss, depending on my wardrobe look.

When you look in the mirror, is there anything you want to change about yourself?

EH: When I look in the mirror, the only thing I would change is having longer lashes, although I love how my natural lashes curl. However, I love wearing natural and glam looking lashes a lot.

Do you usually stick with simple make-up, or do you like to glam it up?

EH: I love to glam it up depending on what’s going on that day or evening. Any time I get a chance to glam it up I do it! I love using lots of products and trying different brands for many different looks. At home, I literally have 4 makeup bags full of a bunch of products I’ve collected.

Do you have any favorite makeup colors?

EH: My favorite color is purple. I like to wear purple eye shadow on the lids of my eyes. I think color eye shadow is very sexy! My second favorite color is “hot red.” From time to time I love to wear my red lipstick.

If you were able to be the spokesmodel for any makeup line, which line would it be, and why?

EH: I want to be a spokesperson for Chanel because I have been a loyal customer for many years and love, love, love their product line.

What is your favorite item from their line?

EH: Chanel has this lip-gloss called Unity. It’s a shimmery gold color; it looks nice and natural. I love it!!!

Share with us your top makeup tip?

EH: I love contouring!!!! Especially my nose. It allows me to give it a different shape, depending on the character I am portraying for film and TV.

Name 5 beauty products you simply can’t live without and why?

1. Clinique foundation, because it feels so fresh and looks so natural. Non-irritating, oil-free makeup helps blend away blemishes and neutralizes redness

2. Chanel colored lip-gloss, because I love their colors and the texture of it on my lips. It’s very important to make sure you always have nice moisturized lips.

3. MAC eye shadows – they have such amazing colors; you never know what to expect when you visit a MAC counter.

4. White Sands hair spray – it keeps my hair in place at all times

5. Scotch Naturals Non-Toxic Nail Polish – they are chemical free, non-yellowing nail polish in amazing colors.

What is your key piece of beauty advice?

EH: My key piece of beauty advice is to get facials. Keeping your pores unclogged by facials gives your skin a glow, and makes you look and feel refreshed!

Erica’s CherryOnTop for makeup and beauty!!!

Lip-gloss or Lipstick
Lipstick with sparkles is very appealing, but colored lip-gloss is so sexy
Liquid Foundation or Powder Foundation
Powder foundation in the summer, and liquid foundation in the winter
Mascara or false lashes – I love wearing all kind of lashes (strips and individuals).
Blush or bronzer – I am a blush girl who loves rosy cheeks.

- Jacen Bowman
For more beauty tips and advice, be sure to follow Jacen on Twiter @ShadesOfJacen or visit [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
batman642
batman642

Back to top Go down

Cherry’s Celebrity Beauty Files: Erica Hubbard, Star Of BET’s Let’s Stay Together Empty Re: Cherry’s Celebrity Beauty Files: Erica Hubbard, Star Of BET’s Let’s Stay Together

Post by Candygwen Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:32 am

thanks for sharing this batman642
Candygwen
Candygwen

Back to top Go down

Cherry’s Celebrity Beauty Files: Erica Hubbard, Star Of BET’s Let’s Stay Together Empty Re: Cherry’s Celebrity Beauty Files: Erica Hubbard, Star Of BET’s Let’s Stay Together

Post by just4us2 Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:19 pm

thanks batman,seen it on facebook.loving the pics. of her.
just4us2
just4us2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down